Sunday Common des Famous Dumm Talk

Sunday Common des Famous Dumm Talk


"It makes no sense", laughs the artist who's carrying the hat.


“It uses the strategies of contemporary art but it’s not contemporary art,” so the gallerist.

“When my eyes are open, it’s more about me,” the artist explains why she keeps her eyes closed in the video.

“If I put myself physically in nature, could I become more natural?” the landscape artist asks.

“If you put a human being in a landscape, it takes over the view.” the other landscape artist says.


Helsinki design, waiting for snow
At the museum bookstore there’s newly decorated Andy Warhol table. I ask P. why he didn’t pick Warhol’s Philosophy book. P. explains his sales strategy at the bookstore. They don’t mix the light with the more heavyweight literature. It’s unlikely that the same person buys a gadget and also a book on philosophy. “You make me feel unique,” I say. 

“Are you in the program?” I’m asked several times at the video night of Phd students of Helsinki’s Aalto University. After a while it starts sounding like an institute of psychiatry. 



On the mirror of the Helsinki Art Museum women's bathroom is written “You don’t know how beautiful you are.” I wondered if this is gendered so I sneak into the men's bathroom to check the mirror but it carries the same sentence. I feel like the gender police. 

FACEBOOK TWITTER TUMBLR PINTEREST